Prepositions That Start with N | Details and Examples
Learning prepositions is a must in English Grammar. The use of prepositions in a sentence can give you the best learning. That’s what I have covered in the topic “prepositions that start with N”.
I’ve gathered a bunch of examples from our daily life to explain it well.
Let’s go through it.
Prepositions That Start With N
Here are only eight prepositions that start with the N in English grammar:
- Near to
- Next to
Let’s see how the prepositions that start with N appear in general sentences. Keep the focus on correct use.
Prepositions That Start With ‘N’ using ‘Near’
Here are some examples of sentences using ‘Near’. It can give you a better view of understanding prepositions that start with ‘N’ using ‘Near’.
- The school is near my house.
- He lives near the stadium.
- I found a nice hotel near the beach.
- The conference is near our hotel.
- The library is near the student residence.
- She lives near his workplace.
- The metro bus stop is near the market.
- The restaurant is near my residence.
- The playground is near the old stadium.
- The school is near the township.
- Our pharmacy is near the California Hospital Association.
- I go to the gym near the sports club.
- Near the railway station, there is a jewelry shop.
- When it comes near the wall, it gives a red signal.
- How near is the Museum at Eldridge Street from the bus stop?
- You’re now near the downtown area. You better stay there.
Prepositions That Start With ‘N’ using ‘Notwithstanding’
Here are some examples of sentences containing ‘Notwithstanding’. It can give you a better view of understanding prepositions that start with ‘N’ using ‘Notwithstanding’. You have to take care of its proper and perfect use.
- I’ve decided to pursue my dreams, notwithstanding the challenges.
- Notwithstanding her age, she continues to excel in her career.
- Our team won the final game, notwithstanding the injuries.
- I successfully completed the task on time, notwithstanding the bad weather.
- Notwithstanding the rain, the train reached the station safely.
- The US economy has increased its volume, notwithstanding the inflationary effect on exports.
- I remained calm, notwithstanding the surrounding chaos.
- Notwithstanding the opposition, she remained confident in her Interviews.
- They enjoyed their vacation, notwithstanding the minor setbacks.
- Notwithstanding the long journey, the ship reached its destination safely.
- Stephen pursued his passion for music, notwithstanding the lack of domestic support.
- Notwithstanding the poverty, he managed to concentrate on his studies.
- The team maintained its spirit, notwithstanding the difference of opinion.
- Notwithstanding the limited resources, I, finally achieved the desired results.
- She forgave me, notwithstanding the hurt I caused.
- Notwithstanding the competition, Acer’s best laptop for Blender remains the top gaming laptop of the year.
- My father continued to smile on the bed, notwithstanding the pain he felt at that time.
- Notwithstanding the opposition, I stayed motivated.
- Notwithstanding the price, she is looking for the best non-toxic bassinet and sleeper for her baby.
- She remained optimistic, notwithstanding the setbacks she faced.
- Notwithstanding the odds, we emerged victorious.
In our daily life, we hardly speak notwithstanding, but you might’ve seen it in print media a lot. Some prepositions are famous, but some remain in the English grammar concern.
Even without it, we can make the sentences. You can say it’s a beauty of grammar to have such types of prepositions that start with N.
Prepositions That Start With ‘N’ using ‘Near to’
Here are some examples of sentences containing ‘Near to’. It can give you a better view of understanding prepositions that start with ‘N’ using ‘Near to’.
- The grocery store is near to my house.
- The playground is located near to my office.
- We found a cozy café near to base camp.
- The hotel is near to the beach, offering beautiful scenery.
- The club is situated near to my house.
- I live near to base camp.
- The hiking trail is near to the chairlift.
- The NY airport is too near to my house.
- Yes, you’re near to me.
- She found the keys near to my house.
- The coffee shop is near to the shopping area.
- The bus stop is near to the office, making the commute easy.
- The restaurant is near to the park, making it a great spot for tourists.
You might have noticed the preposition ‘Near to’ is much more focused on using the single preposition ‘to’. The relation of ‘to’ shows a perfect and single situation.
Prepositions That Start With ‘N’ using ‘Next to’
Here are some examples of sentences containing ‘Next to’. It can give you a better view of understanding prepositions that start with ‘N’ using ‘Next to’.
- The library is next to the staff room.
- Is your house standing next to the petrol pump?
- Next to her, he is looking gorgeous.
- The coffee shop is right next to the post office.
- The store shelves remained empty next to summer.
- Next to the president, Mr. Stephen is sitting there.
- I opened the store next to his office.
- He placed her bag next to me.
- The statue stands next to the park.
- Next to her twin sister, she looked much younger.
- The cat curled up next to my chair.
- The playground comes next to the post office.
- She sat next to him.
- Next to her painting shop, she started a property business.
- Your destination is right up next to the gym.
- Next to his vast painting collection, her house seemed like an art club.
The prepositions that start with N consist of only four important prepositions. The ‘next to’ remain one of the essential to define the placement. We, usually, use it in our daily life. A delicate and polite word that everyone uses in a respective way.
I’ve gathered prepositions that start with S and T with everyday examples. You can take advantage to go through the quality stuff on the faisalkiani.com website.
You might have noticed that a lot of practice can fill the gap. It requires more exercise to establish a good concept about using ‘since.
Do you like more examples of prepositions that start with N? You can read more examples by Subscribing to our free learning blogs.
There are only four prepositions that start with N. These’re ‘next’, ‘next to’, ‘near’. ‘near to’, and ‘notwithstanding’. With more exercises of prepositions that start with N, you can learn the correct and perfect use of them.